When does a bengal reach it's full size?

Get to know each other and tell us about you and your Bengals, or just talk about anything you want.

Moderators: xkwisit, TexasBengalMom

When does a bengal reach it's full size?

Postby AKnanny on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 am

I've read conflicting reports...some say bengals will stop growing around the age of 1 year, some say bengals grow until they are 2 or 3 years. What's your experience? Does it matter if the cat is male or female?
AKnanny
Newborn Bengal

Re: When does a bengal reach it's full size?

Postby Boss Bengal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 am

from my own experience about 18 months. but then again I suppose it will depend to a certain degree on the bengal itself, just like humans!! 8)
As you get older, your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either!!!
Boss Bengal
Site Admin

Postby eswepe on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:26 pm

It does probably depend on the cat. It's so hard to tell because you see them every day. Looking back at pictures, I don't think Hank and Cooter have grown much in the past 5 months (after turning 1), but Turk has definitely gotten bigger since his first birthday. He was always sort of a runt and is now smaller than our youngest who turned 9-months old yesterday. Lynkin is still growing like mad. He's a regular cat now. :cry:
ImageImageImageImage
eswepe
Distinguished Bengal

Postby AngelaS on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Well Humprey is 2 years old now and if he grows any more, I think he would be mistaken for a donkey lol !!! He is already huge! I really do think he has stopped growing now. On the other hand, little Ruby is 1 year old and still looks like a kitten, but that might have something to do with her having been hand fed from birth. I think she has stopped growing too!
AngelaS
Junior kitten

Return to BENGAL LOUNGE