Top 30 Male Cat Names
1. MAX – Cats named Max are generally happy cats. They like to be petted and groomed and are considered fun-loving. They are very trustworthy companions. Some cats named Max can be fiercely independent and work to keep their aggression under control. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: A Salmon Basin or large spring.
2. TIGGER – Tigger is a very fun cat name! Many Tiggers are considered "ornery" and sweet cats.
They love life and are often very people oriented. Many Tiggers will act more like dogs than cats some times. Origin: English. The meaning is: Cute cat.
3. TIGER - Tiger is a common cat name and often fits most any size and shape of cat. Most Tigers are orange or has some sort of pattern to their hair coat – stripes. Origin: English. The meaning is: Tiger, as in the large cat.
4. SMOKEY – Cats named Smokey are often grey in color and absolutely wonderful cats. They are generally gentile and sweet. They love looking out the window and watching birds, squirrels and other animals. Origin: English. The meaning is: Smokey, as the result of being on fire. Smokey is also associated with a grey hazy color.
5. OLIVER – Cats named Oliver, sometimes called Ollie for short, are wonderful cats. They can be ornery and eager to get into things. Many Oliver's are keen chewers and need to be given frequent opportunities to play and appropriate chew toys. Origin: French. The meaning is: Elf Army; or symbol of Peace.
6. SIMBA - Cats named Simba are regal and beautiful cats. They have a stately presence and look distinguished. Many Simbas seem to always be posing for a photo opportunity. They are loving cats with sweet dispositions. They generally love to sleep! Origin: Swahili. The meaning is: Lion.
7. SHADOW – Shadow is a common and wonderful cat name. It is often given to cats that are black. Many cats named Shadow are shy and slow to approach strangers. They are loving and loyal to their owners. They hate going to the vet and are not trusting. Some describe cats named Shadow as "uptight". Origin: English. The meaning is: Dark image cast by an object blocking the sun's rays.
8. BUDDY – The majority of cats named Buddy are mixed breed cats owned or named by men. They are often rescued or strays brought into homes and hearts across the world. They are generally loyal and adore their owners. Origin: American English. The meaning is: Messenger Man.
9. SAM – Sam is a carefree name given to cats with a good outlook on life. They seem to know what is important and that have a special place in your heart. They are loyal and kind. Origin: Hebrew. The meaning is: Heard by God.
10. SAMMY – Cats named Sammy are often sensitive cats. They look as you as though they can read your soul. They are loyal and kind and have a fun side to their personalities. Origin: Hebrew. The meaning is: Heard by God or from Samantha – a "Listener"
11. CHARLIE – Charlie is a great cat name and is used on just about every breed, shape and size. Most "Charlie's" are warm-hearted loyal cats with friendly personalities. They generally like to play and enjoy either fetching or chewing. Origin: German. The meaning is: Man; strong and masculine.
12. SIMON - Origin: Hebrew. The meaning is: Listening.
13. OSCAR – The name Oscar can be associated with cats of just about any size or breed. Most "Oscars" are independent and can be a bit...ornery. They have fun personalities and are generally eager to please. Origin: Old Norse. The meaning is: Divine Spear; a fighter for God.
14. LUCKY – Lucky is a common cat name and used for many pets that have suffered an unfortunate experience followed by being rescued. These cats are generally happy and well meaning. They are loving and loyal and realize their good fortune in the new home that they found with you. Origin: English. The meaning is: Happiness and having good luck.
15. JAKE – Cats named Jake are often fun-loving and happy cats. They like to play and better yet – loved to sleep. They have that "boy next door" appeal. Origin: Hebrew. The meaning is: Supplanter; to fill the place of another.
16. SEBASTIAN – Sebastian is a cat name associated with independent cats. Most Sebastian's are not afraid to be by themselves and have very unique and distinct personalities. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: from Sebasta.
17. JACK – Cats named "Jack" are often fairly carefree. They are often mixed breed cats, however, they can also be purebred. They generally love life and can truly be man's best friend. Cats named Jack are often described as "quiet". Origin: English. The meaning is: God is Forgiving or God's gracious gift.
18. GEORGE – George is a cat name for the laid back cat "dude". Sleeping and eating are defiantly favorite past times and many cats name George really have to watch their waste lines as they have a tendency to be a bit on the "heavy" side. They like to play but would prefer to sleep and eat. Origin: Greek. The meaning is: Earthworker, farmer.
ROCKY – Most cats named Rocky have big personalities. They are often playful and strong. They can be either big or small cats but have a strong personalities and may be dominant. Origin: English. The meaning is: A Rocky Reef.
20. BAILEY – This is a great cat name. Cats named Bailey are often loyal and good-natured. Most "Baileys" are very trainable. They are smart cats, eager to please and respond well to obedience training if given the opportunity. Origin: English. The meaning is: Bailiff; Trusted Guardian.
21. TOBY – Most cats named Toby can be described as "Cool". They have a friendly and often energetic demeanor with sweet personalities. They are good cats and loyal companions. Origin: Greek. The meaning is: From Tobias - The Goodness in God; God is good.
22. MILO – Milo is a cool cat a name, often associated with cats that are independent and loving. They are sweet cats with a certain kindness. They often get on well with other cats. Origin: Chech. The meaning is: Being the best.
23. BUSTER - Buster is a fairly diverse name and associated with many different types of personalities. It is often given to little cats with big personalities. They are rarely dressed in cat clothes and if they are – it is only a masculine bandana. Cats named Buster can also have a sneaky quality and may be quick to steal food or do something else that you don't know about. Origin: American English. The meaning is: Joy.
24. LEO – Cats named Leo are often regal looking and beautiful cats. Many Leos have a lot of hair and a "mane" or a lot of fluffy hair around the neck that gives him a Lion like look. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: Lion.
25. RUSTY – Rusty is a great cat name and is commonly used for red or red-browned colored cats. Many cats named Rusty are wonderful, handsome cats with shy affectionate personalities. Origin: American English. The meaning is: A Town; also means a reddish brown color or covered in rust.
26. OREO – Oreo is a common cat name for black and white colored cats. Most Oreos have very sweet laid-back dispositions but love attention. Many Oreos will lay on your newspaper, book or magazine and demand your attention. Origin: English. The meaning is: Black and white cookie, a sweet treat.
27. GIZMO – Cats named Gizmo are often small breeds that are "busy". They like to get into things and explore their environments. Origin: American English. The meaning is: Mechanical device or gadget.
28. FELIX – Felix is a wonderful cat name and is commonly associated with cute happy cats with a lot of personality. Many cats named Felix are considered little comedians. Origin: Latin. The meaning is: Happy.
29. CHESTER – Chester is a name is associated with sweet cats that love life. As you see, the meaning is comfy-cozy and many cats named Chester are calm and give you a feeling of comfort. Origin: English. The meaning is: Comfy-cozy.
30. HARLEY – Cats named Harley can be any size or shape. They often have fun personalities and like to play. They can be independent and are smart. They are as loyal to their owners as their owners are to them. Origin: Hebrew. The meaning is: Wild Spirited.
As you get older, your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either!!!